Welcome to Physio Tullamore and our blog on sprint start technique. Have a look at Olympic athlete Michael Johnson highlighting some of the
key things we look for with sprinting start technique.
Key Take Home Messages:
1. Get into your stance quickly with minimal energy expenditure.
2. Form a deep forward angle with your front shin.
3. Position your weight forward onto your front arm, which should be straight up and down.
4. Cock your opposite arm back so it is at your hip and not up in the air.
5. Explode forward and drive with your arms and legs – try not to start running to soon!
Follow Physio Tullamore weekly for great tips on how to stay injury free, improve your muscle control and sprinting speed for athletics and team sports. We offer functional movement screens at the clinic which is aimed at finding your movement faults and correcting them so you can move / run more efficiently.
If you want an appointment contact Physio Tullamore on 0579329111.