Joint Manipulation & Mobilisation
"Mobilisation and Manipulation are widely used treatment techniques used at Physio Tullamore to improve movement and pain"
- A mobilisation can be termed a graded pressure “rocking motion” to a joint or soft tissue to increase range of motion, decrease pain & inflammation and to induce relaxation.
Benefits of Mobilisations:
At Physio Tullamore we aim to improve movement restrictions, pain with movement, and functional restrictions. We seek to improve patient’s movement with the application of pain free hands on techniques. Both the clinician and the patient can quickly assess the value of this approach. If the technique is indicated an immediate improvement in pain and movement will be observed.
Common Indications for this approach:
- Pain of a non-inflammatory nature
- Acute pain from injury
- Loss of motion due to arthritic conditions
- Post surgical conditions causing loss of pain free movement, e.g. post scope conditions, spinal surgery
- Headaches due to neck problems
- Dizziness associated with neck problems
- Jaw or TMJ pain and movement restrictions
- Acute to chronic ankle sprains
Spinal manipulation, is the traditional high-velocity low-amplitude (HVLA) thrust. The manipulation often results in an audible “pop,” as we use our hands to apply a controlled sudden force to a joint while the body is positioned in a specific way. This technique is used to improve joint range of movement and reduce pain.
Mobilisation and Manipulation are very effective techniques used daily at Physio Tullamore. Based on your symptoms we will use either treatment to improve your joint function.