Offaly GAA - Medical Team Vacancy
Offaly GAA is responsible for Intercounty Gaelic Games in County Offaly, Ireland. We are currently inviting applications for the position of ‘Senior Chartered Physiotherapist / Rehab Chartered Physiotherapist / Athletic Therapist’. This role is part of the Offaly Intercounty teams for the 2023-24 Season.
Senior Physiotherapist (Chartered) / Rehab Physiotherapist (Chartered) / Athletic Therapist (ARTI Accredited)
Optimise team performance by maintaining high levels of player availability through the targeted injury prevention interventions and accelerated rehabilitation.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide physiotherapy care to Offaly GAA Senior to Underage squad players
- Work with the Medical Co-ordinator / Director of Sports Performance / Team Doctor / S&C in the treatment and monitoring of player injuries
- Report to the Medical Co-ordinator on matters relating to players’ injuries and progress
- Liaise with Medical Co-ordinator / Interns & Management regarding the progress and ongoing treatment of players
- Work closely with other specialists and the Strength & Conditioning staff in the prehabilitation and injury rehabilitation of players
- Ensures compliance with medical data collection & maintenance of online player status database
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of physiotherapy services including pre-season and in-season screening, provide input on the design and implementation of individualised player prehabilitation and rehabilitation programmes, and pitch side care
- Document player injuries on the Offaly GAA Injury database
- Maintain links in the academic community to provide up-to-date research in injury prevention and other areas
- Contribute to creating a positive environment that optimises performance and maximises the use of the resources we have available.
- Promote Offaly GAA with all external agencies by developing effective relationships through emphasising consistent, positive messages.
- Be responsible for onsite clinics at Faithful Fields 6pm-9.30pm (2- 4 days per week *Days could potentially vary)
- Undertake assessments, treatment and implement rehab protocols & return to play criteria - put in place by the medical co-ordinator.
- Provide Matchday Physiotherapy for the Senior Intercounty Football or Senior Intercounty Hurling teams
- Onsite for Performance & Injury History Testing
- Communicate with the coaches, medical co-ordinator and S&C on player injuries and rehabilitation
- Delegate to Interns regarding return to play strategies / rehab sessions / pitch side care
- Identify and undertake CPD as required to improve personal performance
- Ensures compliance with medical data collection & maintenance of online player status database.
- Liaise with medical co-ordinator regarding scans / specialists
- Participates with CPD workshops in house and externally as required to improve personal performance
Key qualities of the Candidate:
- Chartered Physiotherapy degree or Athletic Therapy degree
- A minimum of two years post graduate experience as team physiotherapist in high level sport environment
- Sports specific emergency pitch side training i.e. SAFE-Rugby Level 2 or equivalent
- Registration with their accredited governing body (ISCP / ARTI)
- Excellent clinical skills
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent organisation, communication and IT skills
- Driving License & Car
- A post-graduate qualification in sports and/or musculoskeletal physiotherapy and/or sports science / Strength & Conditioning
- Manual Therapy / Sports Performance / Dry Needling
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a 1-year Fixed Term, part-time basis (16-18 Hours per week). Applicants should note that this role will be based in The Offaly GAA Centre of Excellence - County Offaly.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (of no more than one page) supporting your application to email@example.com or by post to Christian Coombs, Physio Tullamore, Church Avenue, Tullamore, Co, Offaly, R35K1W4.
Closing date for applications is 12th November 2023 at 5pm.
Offaly GAA is an equal opportunities employer.